Friday, 13 February 2009

Kit part 4.

"No! I don't want a biscuit! Do you tink I'm fat? Is that why you think I want a biscuit? Does Stephen think I'm fat too? Is that why Stephen is snogging Kelly Slut Face Graham now?"

Julie's eyes cried black tears and Kit edged away from her. She screamed and hurled her cup of tea at Kit. He ducked under the table as the mug smashed against the kitchen wall. Steaming tea streamed off the table in front of Kit, pooling near his feet. He pulled his ankles in.
He could hear rattling around in the drawers above him but he couldn't see anything. Julie was whining hysterically and then she screamed out loud. Then she was quiet.

"Julie?" Kit whispered.

Suddenly, she was there, slumped in front of the cooker. Her wrists faced the ceiling, blood staining her jacket sleeves.

"Kit," she mouthed. No sound came out. She leant to the left and lay down, curling her knees to her chest.

No comments: